Vår Energi Makes Exciting Oil Discovery in Goliat, Norway

Vår Energi Makes Exciting Oil Discovery in Goliat, Norway

Vår Energi ASA, a leading independent upstream oil and gas company on the Norwegian continental shelf, has confirmed a significant oil discovery in the 7122/8-1S Countach well in PL229 (Goliat), located northwest of Hammerfest. The well was drilled to a depth of 2958 meters and oil was found in the Realgrunnen and Kobbe formations.

Energetic Efforts Pay Off

Vår Energi operates the well with a 65% equity share, while Equinor holds the remaining 35%. The company plans to sidetrack the well to better determine the size of the discovery and gather extensive data for further evaluation. Information regarding volume estimates will be released in due course.

Committed to a Better Future

Vår Energi is dedicated to delivering a better future through responsible growth and has been a leading operator on the NCS for over 50 years. The company boasts a robust and diverse asset portfolio, strong exploration track record, and a commitment to being the safest operator on the NCS, an ESG leader, and a net-zero producer by 2030. With over 900 employees and equity stakes in 35 fields, Vår Energi produced 220,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2022.

Pioneers in the Oil and Gas Industry

Vår Energi’s headquarters are located near Stavanger, Norway, with additional offices in Oslo and Hammerfest. The company’s success and commitment to the future make it a partner of choice in the oil and gas industry. To learn more about Vår Energi, visit varenergi.no.

Oil Discovery Paves Way for a Brighter Tomorrow

This exciting discovery by Vår Energi is just the latest example of the company’s unwavering commitment to creating a better future through responsible growth. The discovery of oil in the 7122/8-1S Countach well in Goliat is a major milestone for the company and for the industry as a whole. With extensive data collection and assessment underway, Vår Energi is poised for continued success in the years to come.